Monday, June 15, 2009

4am Adventure in London

So we arrive to Luton, and two security guys are able to open my luggage! Finally yay!! we needed to get to my friend Vwarhe’s place to pick up the bags I left there while in Rome and Spain. Well, we finally discover we can get the train to the center of London and then a bus to where my friend lives. Well by the time we figure out our methods of transportation is is pretty late, well we get to the train station and our train is of course pulling away when we get to the platform, so had to wait for an hour until one arrived at 1:36. So we get on the train for 45 minutes and finally get to King’s Cross station. Then we have to take a bus to elephant castle which took another 30 minutes. From elephant castle I actually use one of the red pay phones to call vwarhe to get directions..well her directions were not the best haha…we are able to get into the vicinity of where she lives but end up aimlessly walking around for an hour and half trying to find this place…luckily some lady let us use her phone and we were right by her place the whole time, it sucked because her street name was NOT labled so if I wasn’t able to use that ladies phone who knows if we would have ever found it. Well we finally get our bags and its around 4:45 then proceed to go to the train station (keep in mind no sleep) the first train doesn’t leave until 5:40 so Gina and I camp out by the tube station. We finally get on our train and arrive at Heathrow airport!! Finally on time for a flight!

Well things get complicated yet again…well I had my sisters luggage because she kept some at my Vwarhe’s and left it for her at the left baggage company at the airport….they were total jerks. They said my sister could not pick up her luggage if she didn’t have a ticket…well the only problem was there was no way to get my sister the ticket…I went around the airport to see if anyone could keep it but its against airport policy to do that…but ladies at a kiosk gave me the idea of putting it in the luggage, and when retrieving the bag saying she needs to get money out of the luggage and magically finding the ticket…the trick worked!

But after a marathon of a day from Barcelona to London, then our wandering around the streets of London with luggage surrounded by drunk people we made it back to America. I chatted with my parents, showed them pictures and got burger king on my first day back! Then I passed out at 8:30!

I can’t believe I am back in the US after being in two different countries all in the same day! What an experience traveling has been! It is hard to understand but I feel like I have really grown from all the experiences I have had the past few months! I am excited about the next chapter of my life and can’t wait to plan my next travel adventure! Until then, thanks everyone for reading my blog and keeping in touch while I was overseas! I am officially back in the states! I move to California in the middle of July so all my NC peeps get at me until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment